With a background in Hacktivism, Net Art and Video Art, Guido Segni, aka Clemente Pestelli, (b. 1983, Italy) lives and works somewhere at the intersections between art, pop internet culture and data hallucination.
Mainly focused on the daily (ab)use of Internet, his work is characterized by minimal gestures on technology which combines conceptual aproaches with a traditional hacker attitude in making things odd, useless and dysfunctional.
In quite recent years he moved from an identity to another producing works, actions and interventions under pseudonyms, collectives and multiple names (Dedalus, Clemente Pestelli, Guy McMusker, Angela Merelli, Anna Adamolo, Guy The Bore, Umberto Stanca, Silvie Inb, Fosco Loiti Celant, Guru Miri Goro, Leslie Bleus, Luther Blissett).
Co-founder of Les Liens Invisibles , he exhibited in galleries, museums (MAXXI Rome, New School of New York, KUMU Art Museum of Talinn) and art & media-art international festivals (International Venice Biennale, Piemonte SHARE Festival, Transmediale).
Recently he has been shortlisted for the art division of the 20th Japan Media Arts Festival (2017), has been finalist at Prize Arte Laguna (2016) and got an honorary mention at Transmediale (2011) width Les Liens Invisibles.
Currently he teaches at the Accademia di Belle Arti of Carrara, directs the imaginary REFRAMED lab and he is part of the editorial committee for DESERTO online magazine.
- "Segni leggeri - Internet is not forever", curated by Alessandra Ioalé, BAG Gallery, Parma, April 28 - May 28 2017
- "Reale è Virtuale", curated by Chiara Moro and Stefano Monti for spaghettiparty.it project, SETUP Art Fair 2017, Bologna
- "Monsters of the Machine", curated by Marc Garrett, LABoral Centro de Arte y Creación Industrial, Madrid, November 18 - May 14 2017
- "NARGIFSUS", curated by Carla Gannis and Tina Sauerländer, online exhibition and screening at TRANSFER galley, New York, March 19 2016
- Arte Laguna Prize – Finalists exhibition, Venice, March 19 – April 3
- "A New Social Contract", curated by Elena Giulia Abbiatici for OFF Biennale, Cairo, November 28 - December 29 2015
- "Object" | Pixxelpoint media art festival curated by Igor Štromajer, Nova Gorica and Gorizia , November 27 – December 4 2015
- "(in)exactitude in science" @ The Wrong: New Digital Art Biennale, curated by Filippo Lorenzin and Kamilia Kard, November 1– January 31 2016
- "Ego Update. Die Zukunft der digitalen Identität" curated by Alain Bieber, NRW-Forum, Düsseldorf , September 19 - January 17 2016
- "Random Access Memory" Media Art Festival, Art Museum Arad, Romania, October 17 - November 17, 2014
- "Reality check" curated by Filippo Lorenzin, Spazio ULTRA, Udine, October 4 - November 15 , 2014
- "Pics or it didn't happen" online solo exhibition at HOC Gallery, July 15 - October 15, 2014
- "Play", curated by Marília Pasculli and Tanya Toft, The Digital Art Gallery of SESI - São Paulo, March 25 to April 7, 2013
- "Well, the loop gets you ahead. (Iteration III, Progress)" curated by CONT3XT.NET, Glockengasse No.9 (Vienna, Austria), October 8 - October 21, 2011
- "Neoludica. Art is a game 2011-1966 - Biennale di Venezia 2011" curated by Domenico Quaranta e Matteo Bittanti, Centro Culturale Candiani, Mestre (Italy), from June 1 to October 31 2011
- "Identità Virtuali", curated by Franziska Nori, Centro di Cultura Contemporanea Strozzina, Florence, Italy, 21 May - 17 Jul 2011
- "Transmediale 11", Haus der Kulturen der Welt, Berlin, Germany, 1-6 Feb 2011
- "Identités précaires" curated by Christophe Bruno, Jeu de Paume, Paris, March 9 - Sept. 2011
- "GATE(WAY)S", curated by Sabine Himmelsbach, KUMU Art Museum, Tallinn, Estonia, May 12 - Sep 25 2011
- "Smart Mistakes", curated by Simona Lodi, Piemonte SHARE Festival 2010, Museo Regionale di Scienze Naturali - Turin (Italy), From November 2nd to November 7th 2010
- "The More I Look, the More I See", Galerija Galzenica, Velika Gorica (Croatia), Nov 10 - Dec 10, 2010
- "NETinSPACE", MAXXI - National Museum of the Arts of the XXIst Century, Rome (Italy), 30. May - 25. December 2010
- "GLOBALNE OCIEPLENIE / THE MEDIAGATE", Galeria NT, Lódz (Poland), 20/04/2010 - 16/05/2010
- "Pixxelpoint 2009 | once upon a time in the west", curated by Domenico Quaranta, Nova Gorica (Slovenia), Dec 4th - 11th 2009
- "Tag ties and affective spies", curated by Daphne Dragona, National Museum of Contemporary Art - Athens (Greece), From March 18th -August 18th 2008
- "F for Fake" curated by Emma Bugden, Te Tuhi Centre for the Arts, Auckland (New Zeland), 07 March - 12 April 2008
- "PIXXELPOINT 2008 / FOR GOD'S SAKE!" curated by Domenico Quaranta, Nova Gorica (Slovenia), December 5th - December 12th 2008
- "LX 2.0" curated by Luis Silva, Lisboa 20 Arte Contemporu00e2nea, Lisbon (Portugal), November 14th 2008
- "Ours: Democracy in the Age of Branding", Parsons The New School for Design, New York, October 16, 2008 - February 1, 2009
- "My Own Private Reality" curated by Sabine Himmelsbach and Sarah Cook, Edith Russ site for media art, May 12th - July 1st 2007